Take 20 minutes and listen to this speech. It was incredibly insightful and full of some great nuggets of truth.
Here are some good quotes from Charlie Day’s commencement speech:
- I don’t think you should just do what makes you happy. Do what makes you great.
- Do what’s uncomfortable and scary and hard but pays off in the long run…Let yourself fail. Fail and pick yourself up and fail again. Without that struggle, what is your success anyway?
- Don’t wait for your break, make your break.
- Having a Plan B muddies up your Plan A.
- Don’t let the fear of failure stop you from making you great.
How often do we let fear stop us from making us great?
Are you willing to do what it takes to be great, or are you just settling for being “happy?”
In the long run, if you don’t strive for greatness you will end up settling.